Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a nice long (if you are lucky) weekend! Desiree and Andre’s wedding went off without a hitch on Sunday. We had a wonderful time and are so happy for the newlyweds!
This skillet chicken thigh recipe has become one of my favorite things to make when we are having people over for dinner. In our house, as in many, everyone always seems to gravitate towards hanging out in the kitchen. I don’t mind since it is my favorite room in the house, but because it has become the main entertaining space, when we are having guests for dinner I like to have dinner as prepared as possible before they arrive. It’s not always a possibility depending on what I am making, but with these chicken thighs I can get them ready to the point right before they need to be put in the oven, clean all the prep dishes and not have to worry about much when guests arrive.
Let’s make these thighs!
First, sauté the onions and mushrooms until soft, add heavy cream and white wine and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Transfer the sauce in a bowl and mix in sun-dried tomatoes, set aside.
While the sauce is cooking, prepare the chicken. Working one at a time, coat each chicken thigh in egg and then roll in flour mixture.
Once the sauce has been transferred out of the skillet, place the chicken thighs in the skillet side-by-side. Place back on the stove top to brown the chicken on both sides. Remove the skillet from the heat and spoon the sun-dried tomato and mushroom sauce over the chicken thighs.
Bake the chicken in the same skillet for 12-15 minutes at 400°F. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
If you plan ahead, when you are done eating, the only pan you will have to wash is the skillet, making clean up a breeze and allowing you to fully enjoy your guests company!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 8oz crimini baby bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium heat, melt coconut oil
- Add onions, sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add mushrooms, sea salt and pepper, sauté 5-6 minutes
- Pour in heavy cream and white wine, simmer 3-5 more minutes
- Pour sauce into glass bowl, add sun-dried tomatoes, set aside
- Pat chicken thighs dry
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, whisk
- On a large plate, combine flour, thyme, sea salt and pepper
- Working 1 at a time, dip each chicken thigh in egg to coat
- Toss chicken thigh in flour mixture until fully coated
- Place chicken thighs in skillet
- Pour in 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- Return skillet to stove top
- Oven medium heat, cook chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, remove from heat
- Spoon cream sauce over chicken breasts
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°F
- Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes before serving
- Use sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
**I am working on revamping the look of Chocolate Covered Cheetah. I apologize for the annoying add placements, I appreciate your patience**