This Skillet Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is super simple and sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I have banked so many hours of Olympics watching over the course of this Football Season. Basically, I own the TV in February to participate in as many hours of Olympic fandom that I please!
What is your favorite sport to watch in the Winter Olympics? I love the figure skating and downhill skiing. I grew up skiing and something about watching them fly down the course makes me want to hit the slopes! I wasn’t a figure skater, but my mom and I used to love watching figuring skating every winter, no matter if it was an Olympic year. That was back in the good old days of Tara Lipinski and Michelle Kwan. I don’t follow it closely anymore, but still love to watch it in the Olympics!
To celebrate Football Season coming to an end (insert praising hands emoji here) and Olympic Season kicking off, we got to have apps, right?
There are lots of things I love about this Skillet Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. I mean, who can resist the bubbly, cheesiness of a baked spinach artichoke dip?! Then you add Parker House Rolls. You know those frozen rolls that you use to make Monkey Bread? Yep… those rolls (drool), they bake up so crispy on the outside while soft and doughy on the inside, perfect for dipping in the spinach artichoke dip 🙂
You know I am obsessed with my Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. It is perfect for dips because it keeps them warm much longer than a traditional baking ramekin. That is really important when you are watching a 4 hour game – got to keep the apps hot and ready!
- 14 defrosted Parker House Rolls
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 12oz bag frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 8oz jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1¼ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp butter
- Let the Parker House Rolls rest in a warm place to rise for 1 hour (if it is not warm in your house put them in the oven at 100°F)
- In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl mix together the mayo, greek yogurt, cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, ½ cup parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Sriracha, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet
- In a small bowl melt the butter
- Put the remaining ¾ cup parmesan cheese in another small bowl
- Dip a roll in butter and then roll in parmesan cheese, place along the exterior of the skillet
- Repeat with each roll until the bread rolls are lining the outside wall of the skillet
- Heat the dip in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Spoon the dip into the middle of the skillet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until breads are lightly browned and dip is bubbling
- Serve immediately, use bread to dip
Pin It For Later: