Can you believe 4th of July is almost here!? Time to start getting serious about what’s on the menu for the celebrations! Today I am sharing an easy treat that is perfect for the occasion! This Red, White & Blueberry No-Bake Icebox Cake checks all the boxes for a 4th of July dessert! It’s no-bake, so you don’t have to worry about turning on your oven in the heat of the summer. It’s very patriotic with it’s red, white and blue color scheme! It calls for fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, all of which are readily available and delicious this time of year. And it’s make-ahead, so it is perfect for those BBQ’s you have lined up this weekend!
If you have kids this is also a perfect activity! You are essentially just layering graham crackers, a cool whip/pudding mixture and berries to form a sheet cake so it’s an easy one for the kids to get in the kitchen and help out with.
What makes an icebox cake work is that the cool whip and whipped cream soften the graham crackers while the whole cake freezes so when you go to cut into it the graham crackers slices easily like a cake would!
We are heading up to CT for the holiday weekend to visit my family! My dad’s birthday is actually today – Happy Birthday Dad! – so there are sure to be some sweet treats for the double celebration this weekend! We are also planning to take Layla out for her first trip on my family’s boat, we’ve got a life jacket for her and everything. She’s not the biggest fan of water, but I have high hopes for the boat since she likes the car so much 🙂 — we shall see!
What are your plans for 4th of July Weekend?
- 3½ cups of Cool Whip, divided
- 1 cup prepared instant vanilla pudding
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries, sliced in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 cups of cool whip and the vanilla pudding, set aside
- Tightly line an 8" X 8" brownie pan with plastic wrap
- Spread ½ cup cool whip onto the bottom of the pan on top of the plastic wrap, this will help keep the 1st layer in place
- Lay 4 graham crackers in a flat layer over the cool whip, breaking as needed to make 1 flat layer that covers the entire pan
- Cover with ½ of the cool whip/pudding mixture
- Top with ⅓ of the berries
- Repeat previous 3 steps
- Add 1 more layer of graham crackers
- Top with remaining cool whip (1 cup)
- Top with remaining berries
- Put in the freezer overnight
- Allow to thaw 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices and serving
Pin It For Later: