I am typing this blog post from my new DESK in my partially finished office 🙂 Since we moved in to our house (over 2 years ago now!) I have been wanting a work space and I finally ordered a desk from Wayfarer about 6 weeks ago…
When I ordered it I was very excited that it was going to arrive just 2 days later… but when it arrived it was in a very heavy, flat box that I could barely lift into the house. Walter brought it in for me and there it sat in our foyer for about 2 weeks. One day I decided “ok, let me see about this desk”. When I started pulling out pieces it was even worse than I had feared! It took me nearly 2 hours just to get all of the pieces out of the box and up the stairs to the empty bedroom we are turning into my office. The instructions for how you put this desk together were so long and confusing I thought there was no way I could ever put it together.
I got on chat with Wayfarer to see what my options were. I was hoping that I could pay for someone from their team to come out and assemble it for me, but I guess I had to purchase that with the desk so it was no longer an option… the very nice customer service rep offered me 15% back of what I paid for the desk to “hire a friend to help me” HAHA. Wayfarer in a nutshell – “Complicated products made up for with stellar customer service!”
So after weeks of trying to figure out who I could pay $50 to come build me my desk, we finally decided we could do it ourselves! I came home from a run on Saturday morning and there was Walter knee deep in desk assembly. Five hours later I finally had a desk!!!!
We were pretty proud of ourselves! I owe a big thanks to Walter for his help and ambition! Now to finish the rest of the office 🙂 I will be sure to share it with you when it’s all done!
Hint: Pineapples and elephants are the theme of my new office! Oh and Cows… 😉
Pineapples are all the rage in the world right now and I’ve totally jumped on the bandwagon! Everything tastes better when eaten out of a pineapple – that’s why I have 2 recipes served in a pineapple to share with you this week. The first is this Pineapple Black Bean Salsa!
It is very simple to make. Hollow out a pineapple, chop the meat into small pieces, add some black beans, onions, pepper, jalapeños and avocado. Mix it up with a lime vinaigrette and season with sea salt, coriander and cilantro!
It’s a perfect appetizer to bring to backyard BBQ or a fun compliment to your next cocktail party!
- 1 large pineapple
- ½ red pepper, chopped small
- 2 tbsp white onion, chopped small
- 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped small
- 1 medium sized avocado, chopped small
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped small
- Cut off the top third of the pineapple
- Hollow out the bottom half, leaving about a ½ inch layer of pineapple all the way around as the base for the "bowl", chop the removed pineapple meat into small pieces
- Remove the top and the skin from the top third of the pineapple and chop the pineapple meat into small pieces
- Add the pineapple pieces to a large bowl
- Add the red pepper, onions, jalapeños, avocado and black beans to the bowl, mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, sea salt and coriander
- Pour dressing over salsa, mix
- Mix in the cilantro
- Spoon salsa into "pineapple bowl" for serving
Pin It For Later:
Be sure to tune in on Friday for the other “pineapple bowl” recipe!