Hello! I hope you all had a nice weekend! Ours was very rainy, but we had plans to BBQ with friends on Saturday. Not wanting to cancel, we sent the guys out to grill in the rain while the girls hung out inside!
They were good sports about it!
Warm and dry inside!
We enjoyed chicken, burgers, sausages and salad for dinner and for dessert I made this Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake Pie (that’s a mouthful!).
The filling it made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, mini chocolate chips and homemade mint syrup! The mint syrup is made from real mint leaves that are steeped in boiling water and sugar. The homemade syrup gives the pie a much more real mint flavor, though it is more subtly than if you were to use a mint extract.
The crust is made from Mint Oreos and butter (all the food groups 🙂 )
The pie can be made in advance and frozen, defrost for 20 minutes before serving for a solid, but creamy consistency.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 18 Double-Stuffed Mint Oreos
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup homemade mint syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Bring water and sugar to a boil
- Remove from heat, add chopped mint
- Cover and let steep until mixture is room temperature
- Strain mixture to remove mint leaves
- In the bowl of a food processor, add Oreos
- Process on high until Oreos are finely ground
- Add melted butter
- Pulse until mixture is fully moistened
- Press Oreo mixture into a greased pie pan
- Put in freezer at least 20 minutes
- Using an electric mixer with blade attachment, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and mint syrup until smooth
- Transfer mixture to another bowl, wash electric mixing bowl
- Fit mixer with whisk attachment and whisk heavy whipping cream on high for 2 minutes until peaks form
- Slowly fold in cream cheese mixture
- Fold in mini chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust
- Chill in freezer at least 1 hour or in refridgerator at least 3 hours
- Serve frozen or chilled
Top with Oreos because why not!?