Hello Party People! It’s Friday, Yay! What do you have in store for the weekend? Planning a dinner party? I have the perfect dessert recipe for you right here! These Maple Ginger Cheesecake Parfaits are a nice transition out of the holiday season. They still cling to the gingerbread-like, warm christmasy flavor, but not so tightly that they are inappropriate now that we are almost 2 weeks removed from the holiday.
My mom introduced me to this maple whipped cream when we were up in CT for Christmas and I feel in love. It’s made with whipping cream, sugar and maple extract and the flavor is outstanding. Once I tired it I knew I wanted to incorporate it into a recipe here! The top layer of the parfait is this whipped cream and it is also used in the middle layer – the cheesecake layer – mixed with cream cheese and brown sugar. Sorry if you are on a New Years diet – these are totally not diet friendly!
I really wanted this to be a no-bake recipe, so I decided to make it with a store-bought ginger cookie. I had imagined gingersnaps for this recipe, but when I was walking down the cookie aisle at the grocery store I couldn’t find them anywhere! I finally stumbled upon Anna’s Ginger Swedish Thins, I would highly recommend them for this recipe. The ginger flavor is spot on and they are so thin and crunchy, they add the perfect contrast to the cheesecake and whipped cream layers. I think you can find them in most major grocery stores (at least this time of year) or you could get them here off Amazon.
To assemble, start with a layer of crushed ginger cookies, followed by a thick layer of the maple cheesecake filling, add another layer of cookies, top it off with maple whipped cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and top with another ginger thin for an extra touch! The recipe makes about 5 parfaits and I served them in varying sized wine glasses!
- 32 oz heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 8oz brick cream cheese
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 70 Anna's Swedish Ginger Thins (about 2 boxes)
- Pour whipping cream into chilled bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment
- Turn mixer on medium speed, slowly add sugar and maple extract
- When it starts to thicken, turn mixer on high speed
- Mix until the cream has turned into firm whipped cream
- Transfer whipped cream to another bowl, set aside
- Switch to the blade attachment on the mixer
- Put cream cheese into the mixing bowl, beat on medium speed until smooth
- Add brown sugar, mix until fully combined
- Using a flat spatula, fold ½ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, set aside
- Prepare your serving cups or glasses
- Crush up 6 ginger thins, layer into bottom of the glass
- Spoon in cream cheese mixture until the glass is ¾ full
- Crush up 6 ginger thins, layer on top of cheesecake layer
- Top with maple cream cheese
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs
- Top with 1 whole ginger thin
- Repeat in each glass until all of the ingredients are used up
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 6 hours before serving
Pin It For Later: