Hello! Happy Almost Super Bowl Weekend! Since meeting Walter, Super Bowl Sunday has become one of my favorite days of the year… Why? Because it means football season is OVER! I am a good wife and tolerate football most every weekend during football season, however I am also overjoyed to see it end! He has a true love for the sport, so I can’t knock that, but why do they have to make those game SO LONG?
Aside from the Super Bowl signifying the end of football season, it also gives every American an excuse to eat lots of snacks and apps and call it dinner 🙂 I wanted to share these Maple Cinnamon Cayenne Cashews with you today so you have time to whip up a batch to snack on during the game on Sunday!
Mix raw cashews with maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt. I used a conservative amount of cayenne in this recipe – if you like spicy feel free to up that amount 🙂
Spread cashews onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes.
Allow them to cool. Then start snacking!
- 16oz raw cashews
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Grease a small, sided baking sheet
- In a bowl, coat cashews with maple syrup
- Add cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt, toss to coat
- Spread cashews greased baking sheet
- Place pan in oven, roast for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack
- Store in an air tight container