Hi! Happy Wednesday! I can not believe it has been a whole year since we made the long car trip up to Winnebago, IL to pick up Layla. She was only 7 pounds when we picked her up, she’s now hovering around 50-55lbs and is full grown! It is absolutely crazy how quick puppies grow! When we first brought her home she was too small/afraid to walk down the stairs on her own so for the first few weeks we had to carry her! Now her paws barely touch the ground as she barrels up and down the stairs 🙂
When we first brought her home her toys were bigger than she was 🙂
Somehow this cow is the only toy that is still standing from her original toys. We think she has some special attachment to it and doesn’t want to destroy it like all the others (though this picture makes it seem like it wasn’t going to last long, haha)
Lots of things have changed in a year, but she is still as snuggly as she was on day 1 🙂
Ok I’ll stop with the puppy pictures… I have a recipe to share with you from this past weekend’s brunch! I actually tested the recipe out for dinner one night last week and then made another one and froze it for brunch. I did the same thing with the quiches we had for brunch, I made them a few days in advance and then on Saturday morning I put the quiches and the egg bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes covered in aluminum foil to warm up before serving. This tactic makes hosting a brunch easy peasy because you can make everything ahead.
The base of the Bisquick Egg Bake is just Bisquick, eggs and whole milk. To that base you can basically add whatever you desire. For the one pictured here that I made to test the recipe I put in onions, tomato, bacon, mozzarella cheese and topped it off with jalapeños. In the one I made for brunch I put sausage, bacon, onions, mushrooms and kale. Really, whatever you are in the mood for you can throw in – there are no rules!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups bisquick
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- *1 cup onion, chopped
- *4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- *1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- *1 jalapeno, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and whole milk
- Add the bisquick and stir to combine
- Mix in the sea salt and black pepper
- *Add the onion, bacon and 1/2 cup of cheese
- Grease a 9 1/2 inch pie pan
- Pour mixture into pie pan
- *Top with remaining cheese and sliced jalapenos
- Bake for 45 minutes until set and top lightly browned
- Serve or freeze wrapped tightly in aluminum foil
- To defrost, remove from freezer 30 minutes before placing into oven. Place bake, covered with aluminum foil, in a cold oven and heat to 400 degrees. Bake covered for 40 minutes once oven has reached temperature or until bake feels warm in the center.
- *You may substitute whatever ingredients you like - follow all other instructions
Bake and enjoy same day or freeze it for a party!