I made these Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Dog Treats for Layla once before. They are so simple, they only take 4 ingredients! She really loves peanut butter, I wasn’t sure about the pumpkin since she hadn’t had it before, but she seems to really like it! I’m not sure what I was worried about, though, because she will basically eat anything you give her 🙂 Since it is Christmas week I thought it would be nice to make her up another batch and share it with you!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs
- Slowly add the whole wheat flour until completely combined
- Lightly flour your working surface
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/4 inch width
- Using a cookie cutter of your choosing, cut out treats and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
Mix together the pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, work in the flour until a ball of dough is formed. Your dough will be sticky once rolled out so you definitely want to make sure you flour the surface you are cutting the treats out on.
The hardest part of these treats was finding the above cookie cutters. I was finally able to track one down at World Market (love that store 🙂 ) But you may use whatever cookie cutter you have handy – your furry friend won’t much care how their treats are shaped 🙂
The treats won’t spread as they bake, so you don’t have to worry about placing them too close together on your cookie sheet. I was able to bake 21 at once! I baked them for 25 minutes, depending on if your dog likes crunchier or softer treats you can bake them for 5 minutes more or less.
Give them a shot, your dog will thank you 🙂