Here’s a healthy dessert option for you! These Easy Black Bean Brownie Bites are gluten free and made with coconut oil rather than butter or oil.
Every time I make these brownies I am amazed.
When you think black beans you think tacos, enchiladas and chili, right? You don’t think BROWNIES, but you should, you really should. You literally cannot taste the black beans at all. The flavor is completely masked by the cocoa powder and combined with the coconut oil the black beans make these little bites SO moist and delicious!
The full recipe is made in the food processor. It is super easy, dare I say it’s a NO FAIL recipe? Yes, I think that is safe to say, assuming you remember to take them out of the oven on time 😉
These Easy Black Bean Brownies are my favorite go-to healthy dessert. It is rare that I don’t have a batch stowed away in my freezer for whenever I have a hankering for something sweet or chocolaty, which, let’s be real, is every day.
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Add drained black beans to the bowl of a food processor
- Blend on high until smooth, scraping the sides as needed
- Add eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, sea salt. Blend on high until smooth
- Transfer batter to a small mixing bowl
- Mix in ½ cup chocolate chips
- Pour batter into greased mini-muffin tins
- Top with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips, if desired
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until set
- Cool completely before attempting to remove from tins
Pin It For Later: