Hello, Happy Wednesday!
Obviously I love to cook, as do most of you, but who out there likes doing dishes?! Not me, not raising my hand! Limiting the number of dishes I have to use while cooking is always a goal of mine. This 1 pan salmon is easy-peasy with a quick clean up!
I love to cook salmon because it works well with a lot of different flavor profiles. You can keep it really basic with just some lemon, salt and pepper or you can step it up a little like with this mustard and dill combo! I’m the queen of condiments, I rarely eat a meal without them, the saucier and the more flavorful the better! This mustard dill sauce packs a punch and really pairs well with the fresh salmon flavor.
The colors in this dish will brighten your day – especially a cold, winter day like today! Though the colors have a summery essence, the dish is definitely a good choice for winter. Your oven will warm your kitchen and pairing the salmon with a wintery veggie like green beans gives it a hearty, comfy feel.
Especially in the winter, when the sun sets at 5pm and its always dark when you get home from work, having quick and easy options like this helps out so much! If you made a resolution to cook more in 2017 or eat healthier then this dish is for you!
Pat the salmon dry, sprinkle with sea salt and place on baking sheet. Whisk together mustard, lemon juice and dill, spoon on top of salmon and top with lemon slices. Mix green beans with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Spread green beans around salmon on the pan. Bake for 15 minutes and voila – dinner!
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 cups green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Grease a large baking sheet
- Pat salmon dry, sprinkle with sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice and dill
- Place salmon on baking sheet
- Top each piece of salmon with 2 tbsp of the mustard mixture
- Top salmon with lemon slices
- In a large bowl, mix together green beans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and black pepper
- Spread green beans around salmon on pan
- Place pan in the oven, bake for 12 minutes at 400°
- Turn oven up to broil, broil for 1-2 minutes, being careful not to let anything burn
- Serve immediately